The “heritage” sector in Northern Ireland has been overly dependent on Government to the detriment of the sector’s capacity to earn from trading, secure independent and corporate funding, and receive individual donations. In addition, the current economic environment is one of public funding austerity.
The “Investing in Northern Ireland’s Heritage” programme seeks to assist the sector develop new and innovative ways to diversify income sources and is both challenging and wide-reaching, encompassing:
- Generic fundraising capacity building and training
- Vocational and practical learning workshops
- Fundraising consultancy and clinics
- Reflective practice and policy seminars, conferences and other events
- Professionally accredited training courses
- Complementary peer and mentoring and continuous professional development support facilities
- The establishment of a dedicated programme website – www.heritagefundraisingni.org
Over 100+ heritage sector organisations and 1500+ heritage volunteers, practitioners, workers and managers participated in the programme’s first phase through 60+ individual learning events and 15+ accredited training courses. The programme has now been extended until Spring 2018 and will offer organisations in the environment and heritage sector tailored fundraising support.
Read some participants testimonials here.